Working with great co-workers can make all the difference. So when it's time to grow the team, we look for great potential co-workers. If you are interested in working at Ames Family Dental, we'd love to hear from you! Check out the open positions listed below to see our current needs. Want to apply but don't see a relevant position open? Give us a call or fill out our contact form. We are always eager to hear from qualified applicants!
Ames Family Dental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge, are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Registered Dental Assistant | Registered Dental Hygienist
We are in search of a full-time Dental Assistant who is dedicated to quality patient care and comfort. It is important that we find someone with great character and integrity in order to be the right fit for our team. If you are an organized self-starter, team-focused, and have a positive attitude we would love to give you the opportunity to learn and grow with our experienced dental team!
Jobs duties include:
Education: Registered Dental Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Job duties include:
• Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
• Sterilize dental instruments properly
• Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
• Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis
• Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
• Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques)
• Take X-rays
• Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
• Proven experience as Dental Hygienist
• In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA)
• Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment
Education: Valid license to practice
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time