A full mouth restoration is a dental procedure that involves repairing several dental problems. Unlike a full-mouth makeover, which is only cosmetic, a full-mouth restoration not only improves the appearance of the teeth, but it also repairs any oral health problems that may exist.
While a full-mouth restoration can repair virtually any dental issue, some of the most common problems that are repaired during this procedure include:
Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
Cavities and decay
The loss of tooth enamel
What Procedures are Involved with a Full Mouth Restoration?
During a full-mouth restoration, a number of dental procedures may be performed. The type of procedures that will be performed will depend entirely on your specific dental needs and your desires. During your initial appointment, the doctor will assess your mouth and provide you with a customized action plan for your full mouth restoration.
Some of the procedures that may be recommended include:
- Fillings: Dental fillings restore teeth that have been damaged by decay, easing pain, preventing further damage and restoring them to their normal function.
- Root Canals: Root canals repair and save teeth that have been extensively damaged by decay, or that have become infected.
- Crowns: Dental crowns serve a variety of purposes. They can protect an existing tooth that has been broken, chipped, cracked or damaged by decay. Crowns can also improve the overall appearance of your smile.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace the root of a missing tooth with a metal root. The dental implant affixed to the jawbone, serving as a solid and permanent foundation for an artificial tooth.
- Oral Surgery: Oral surgery may be needed for several reasons. If you have impacted teeth that need to be removed or you have issues with your jaw, oral surgery can correct the problem and improve the overall function and look of your teeth.
How Full Mouth Restorations are Performed
Full mouth restorations usually require several appointments. During your initial appointment, the doctor will assess your mouth to determine exactly what type of procedures you will need to repair any damage and improve the health, quality, and look of your smile. We will provide you with a treatment plan to help you achieve the best outcome. Once the treatment plan has been devised, your teeth will be repaired and transformed through a series of appointments to ensure your complete comfort and the absolute best outcome.